PARIS ON MY MIND




It was a dream come true for me that finally I was able to visit this beautiful city! Paris has always been a dream place for me, I guess not only for me but for everybody.  My European tour will not be complete without including this place in my itinerary. It is a must visit place for me, and one of the places I have to see before I die.

Paris is not just one of those places in the world where it doesn't matter how many times you visit, but as a first timer, to me it matters most! I have been dreaming about this place for long and you just can't imagine how happy I was when I am finally there.

The overwhelming experience is indescribable and as soon as I get out of the train my heart almost fell on the ground because of excitement, either I conquer Paris of Paris conquers me!

Paris' unwavering romantic vibe never seems to wear off from the buildings to the culture,  to the monuments, of course, the Eiffel Tower, Paris will always have a special place in my heart.

As I walk on the streets of Paris, I couldn't help but stare and appreciate its surroundings, everything in this city will catch your attention, from small cafes to street vendors, the Bohemian vibe of Montmartre, the street performers, facade of the buildings, everything is so perfect. To me, Paris is like a big work of art!

On my first day, I went around the Montmartre surroundings since my hostel is just quite near there. I visited the Sacre Coeur or the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. A beautiful church on top of a hill overlooking the city of Paris. This church has a fusion of Roman and Byzantine architecture and located on the highest point of Paris. It can be reached thru a funicular line which leads directly to the church or simply climb the stairs which I think is the best way so you can appreciate its surroundings
.


After spending a few hours inside the church, I decided to roam around Montmartre. Montmartre is the center of the Bohemian world, a place of the musicians, painters and writers and the Bohemians are called the children of the revolution. While exploring the area, I saw a tiny red windmill in one of the roofs of the buildings and suddenly found myself at the Moulin Rouge.


The Moulin Rouge is the place known for its courtesans (high-class prostitutes) doing the can-can dance to give entertainment to their male patrons. Today, the Moulin Rouge is a tourist attraction offering a musical dance entertainment for the visitors around the world. While I was standing in front of it, I suddenly thought the idea of writing  my own story about truth, beauty, freedom and above all love haha.

On my next story, I will write about love, (kidding), I will write about my second day in Paris and my first sighting of the Eiffel Tower.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPLORING THE MYTH BEHIND THE CAVE: A Day At The Judas Cave

Tarout Island and Historical Village

Travel Essentials: Basic things you want to bring when travelling