WHY TOKYO'S RED LIGHT DISTRICT IS BETTER THAN AMSTERDAM



If you are looking a total adult entertainment, sure these two cities will offer you anything that will satisfy your carnal. Though they both offer the same kind of entertainment, I do feel that Tokyo's own red light district gives the total fun you are looking for!


I stayed in Shinjuku area during my three-day trip to Tokyo. I thought I stayed too far from city center, but in the end, I thought I just made the right decision. I booked my hostel there because it is the nearest accommodation to the place I am looking for. As soon as I get out of the train station, I didn't know what to expect in this area. I even got lost while looking for my hostel because I got confused with the direction. Good thing I got a help from two teenage  Japanese whom I bumped while walking. With a little knowledge of English, it is quite hard to ask direction with the Japanese people. Luckily when I showed the address, they were able to find it through GPS.

Since I got plenty of time in the evening of that day, I started to roam around and check the area, it is my first night in Tokyo and I want to see what Shinjuku has to offer.





While strolling the streets of Shinjuku, I saw from a distance an area of skyscrapers filled with bright neon lights. It is hard to ignore this area as the blinking lights and colorful signboards can easily attract you. So I continued walking to see what's in there.







Suddenly, I found myself at Kabukicho. This area of Shinjuku is probably the most vibrant district of Tokyo. Colorful flashing lights left and right, endless cafes, themed-restaurants, karaoke bars, and of course, countless adult entertainment bars.

Kabukicho or Red Light District is perhaps the shadiest place in Japan, and I am sure even Godzilla would agree. I have no idea about this area at first, all I know is that I see Godzilla on top of a building. 




Walking at Kabuki central road, I was bedazzled by the lights glittering left and right. As I continued walking, I noticed a lot of men outside trying to lure tourists to hang out in their bars. It was only then I realized that I was in an entertainment district.

"You want girls?" said the old guy in a loud voice. Yes, they are not discreet about those things, they would really yell at you probably due to the loud noise coming from the bars. I politely declined his offer and continued walking and suddenly, a group of men offering the same tried to follow me as I walk. I can't blame them, perhaps they saw the curiosity in my face trying to look for something while walking slowly haha. 

A big poster of girls in skimpy costumes scattered all over the area. Luxury karaoke lounges left and right with female entertainers, lots of DVD rental shops for adult video entertainment. There are even maid cafes where cute girls dressed up in micro mini skirts with apron and that cuteness will transform into sexy vixens once you enter in a private room.




Though there are no windows where you can see ladies dancing and gyrating to lure out customers, here you can find from cute to sexy, to the kinkiest type of entertainment.



Kabukicho is Tokyo's non-stop party zone. The RDL is the country's craziest place. Kabukicho is one insane place, the amount of fun is overflowing from the moment you walk in the streets. You need a thick skin to resist the pleasures of being preferred by every neon sign boards and by the sketchy group of men in every corner.

So If you are up for some fun whilst in Tokyo, you might consider visiting Kabukicho, the neon lights alone will definitely amuse you without trying the inviting bars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPLORING THE MYTH BEHIND THE CAVE: A Day At The Judas Cave

Tarout Island and Historical Village

Travel Essentials: Basic things you want to bring when travelling