THE JOURNEY OF A SELFIE TRAVELER




The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step- Laozi



I always wanted to travel and see the world, and I guess it's everybody's dream and so when I saw an opportunity, I grabbed it quickly booked my ticket and started planning my trip!

As a travel agent I always get the opportunity to see some airlines' promo fares, so when Turkish airlines had its 50 percent off on its tickets, I immediately blocked the dates and booked my flight, I know this is already the opportunity that I have been waiting for so better not miss it!

Paris has always been a dream destination for me, and when I start traveling I want to go there first, however, this is an expensive city and I need to save more money and doing it this year is not quite a good idea. I need ample time and a lot of preparations to visit this place and besides, there are a lot of visa requirements to process. Having those small problems, still, it didn't stop me from pushing my dream to travel, so I chose another city and that’s Istanbul! 

Being close to Saudi Arabia, Istanbul is not difficult to reach since there are direct flights either from Dammam or Bahrain. Getting visa is not that hard and has few requirements too and I don’t think I will have problems in getting there.

I chose March as my date of travel and I guess it is just a perfect month to explore this city as the temperature is still a little bit colder. Once I booked my ticket, I started planning my itinerary.

As early as October last year, I already have my ticket and with that date span, I did a lot of researches and read several travel forums and blogs regarding this city. This will be my first travel and first city to visit and I want to make sure that everything will be perfect since I am doing this alone!


Thanks to trip advisor and lonely planet, I was able to read a lot of things about this city shared by travelers as well. I was able to compose my own itinerary and planned my 5-day activities.  Truly, Istanbul is a great option and I will write soon about my experiences there and why this city was called magical by travelers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPLORING THE MYTH BEHIND THE CAVE: A Day At The Judas Cave

Tarout Island and Historical Village

Travel Essentials: Basic things you want to bring when travelling