Weekend Camping at the Desert



While everyone is busy for their dates, flowers, chocolates, romantic dinner and other things, I am also busy of finding ways on how to escape this shitty day and make myself isolated just for one day (oppsss I’m not bitter lol). Who cares about this day anyway in fact it is prohibited to celebrate from where I am (now that’s sounds more bitter haha) I maybe alone but definitely I am not lonely, in fact, I guess I had a blast than any other people who actually celebrated it. Cool people, good food and good mood, can’t complain any further, I have the coolest people in the kingdom with me.



Well, enough of this bitterness, and to be honest, I’m not! After some weeks of preparations and careful planning, finally it was a successful camping event. I must say so far this is the biggest event I have co-organized after the pool party last time. It was well attended and I am very happy to see old and new people in the group. This event has been a long plan since last year and we just couldn’t find a place and people to organize it and I am glad I have found few people who can help me make this camping event possible, and in fact they are the one who made a huge effort to make this activity and thanks to them.


It was a dusty Friday morning, and the weather hasn’t been good the past few days but still I was hoping for a clear sky and dust-free environment because we had put so much time for this occasion and we want to do it by hook or by crook!


We gathered around 10.30 in the morning and one by one came at the agreed meeting place, it seems that everybody is excited for this important event. After some few chit chats and some introductions, we left the venue all together and making sure that all of us will leave at the same time because only two people know the direction and it will be difficult if one car will be lost along the way. Apparently, one car lost the convoy and took the wrong direction but still managed to follow us at the location, though arriving a little bit late.


Meanwhile, along the road I am still anticipating for a clear weather because we don’t want this day to be spoiled. Lucky enough, when we arrived at the camping site there were no strong winds and dust probably we were at the middle of some rock formations which somehow blocks the wind. Good Lord, everybody felt the excitement the same way I did! The weather is just perfect, no strong winds at all, it was calm I must say. At least I won’t be having problems pitching my tent later because I was a bit bothered that strong winds might blow it away!






After some minutes of exploring the site, we placed the carpets on the sand and started preparing our lunch, and there we sat all together and had the best lunch ever!



Later in the afternoon some of us went around the camp site and started exploring the area, while others stayed at the tent we put up and had some nice conversations, it is the ideal time to mingle and get to know the other people. One of the main purposes of our events is to get acquainted with each other and build camaraderie with fellow expats. It is nice to have these kinds of activities where in we get the chance to interact with other foreign people.







The atmosphere is very friendly, everybody is interacting with each other, and some played Frisbee, while others enjoyed playing cards with truth or dare, the rest are simply enjoying the camping site. 







The highlight of our event is the lighting of the bonfire and the barbeque party. The food is over flowing, we prepared so much food for everyone making sure nobody will get starve. All of us are enjoying the night, endless laughs and unlimited fun. It was a very lively event where everybody gathered near the bonfire and share different kinds of stories, nobody even cared about the chilly night, and it was all pure fun!

It was a fantastic day for everyone, though some left the camp in the evening for some reasons, but still it was a great event and looking forward again for a bigger gathering in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPLORING THE MYTH BEHIND THE CAVE: A Day At The Judas Cave

Tarout Island and Historical Village

Travel Essentials: Basic things you want to bring when travelling