SOUL EAST CAFE: Traditional Moroccan Restaurant

If your palate is tired from eating foods from the chains of fast-food restaurants at the mall or at the corniche, then why not explore other options and try something different from your usual dining habits. This may not be new, but at least it will give some variations to the kinds of restaurants you visit. Dining to some commercial restaurants could be tiring sometimes because they offer almost the same kinds of menu.

In this case try some specialty restaurants that provides authentic cuisine that may change your usual dining preference.

Last week, some of my couchsurfing friends tried this Moroccan restaurant here in Al Khobar. Well it's not our first time there, we just thought of going back because as much as possible we are avoiding fast-foods.

It was my fourth time here as far as I remember and it was just now that I knew the name of this Moroccan restaurant. I was brought here by my friend Alberto and for the very first time I had the chance of tasting Moroccan dish. I always wanted to try foreign cuisine but I am just afraid because I may not like the taste. 

He recommended one particular dish which is a popular Moroccan food which is the couscous. He was trying to explain to me how it looks like,  and i got curious about it so I tried  ordering it.
Beef couscous






This Moroccan food is actually made of steamed wheat semolina (wheat used for making pasta). It looks like ground corn served with either chicken or beef , steamed vegetables and chick peas. 

Being unfamiliar with this cuisine, I wasn't quite sure how it tastes, but the way it was presented I knew it will taste good. I ordered the chicken couscous to be safe since I am a first timer, and from the looks of it, I was satisfied on the taste. The serving is quite huge for a single person and the chicken is so tender and tasty. The wheat is quite heavy and I think this is a good option if you want to eat heavy meal without thinking of too much carbs .

I took half of the meal home because I wasn't able to finish it, (imagine how large the serving is) and funny is I ate it the following day as my breakfast and lunch!

Also don't forget to try their chicken and beef Tajin. If you don't like the couscous because of the heavy meal, try those two options and I am sure you will love the taste. The beef is so tender and tasty as well and it is served with steamed carrots and sweet potatoes.



With my experience dining at this restaurant, I have been mentioning this to my friends but the funny thing is I always forgot the name and the exact location. So last time when I was there I made it appoint to remember the location and the name as well.








This restaurant gives you this Moroccan vibe (and it should be) and you will really feel the ambiance of a traditional Moroccan dining. Nice interiors with some Moroccan lamps and decors, the family section has more nicer atmosphere compared to bachelors' section. 

The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is that the menu is in Arabic and no English translation so it is very difficult to choose the right dish and plus the staffs doesn't speak english very much. So the conversation is very limited, so make sure to bring an Arabic friend when you go there :-)

As a food tripper, I am recommending this place to my friends as an alternative choice in terms of restaurants and it will give you a gastronomic satisfaction.

To visit this place, Soul East Cafe is located at Prince Talal St., corner 22nd St., Al Khobar Shamalia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPLORING THE MYTH BEHIND THE CAVE: A Day At The Judas Cave

Tarout Island and Historical Village

Travel Essentials: Basic things you want to bring when travelling